1. heat - noun
· a form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
2. heat - noun
· the presence of heat
3. heat - noun
· the sensation caused by heat energy
4. heat - noun
· the trait of being intensely emotional
5. heat - noun
· applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
6. heat - noun
· a preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
7. heat - noun
· utility to warm a building; "the heating system wasn't working"; "they have radiant heating"
8. heat - verb
· make hot or hotter; "the sun heats the oceans"; "heat the water on the stove"
9. heat - verb
· provide with heat; "heat the house"
10. heat - verb
· arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
11. heat - verb
· gain heat or get hot; "The room heated up quickly"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.