1. hard - adjective
· not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure; "a difficult task"; "nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access"; "difficult times"; "why is it so hard for you to keep a secret?"
2. hard - adjective
· dispassionate; "took a hard look"; "a hard bargainer"
3. hard - adjective
· resisting weight or pressure
4. hard - adjective
· very strong or vigorous; "strong winds"; "a hard left to the chin"; "a knockout punch"; "a severe blow"
5. hard - adjective
· characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort; "worked their arduous way up the mining valley"; "a grueling campaign"; "hard labor"; "heavy work"; "heavy going"; "spent many laborious hours on the project"; "set a punishing pace"
6. hard - adjective
· produced without vibration of the vocal cords; "unvoiced consonants such as `p' and `k' and `s'"
7. hard - adjective
· (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source
8. hard - adjective
· (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum; "Russian distinguished between hard consonants and palatalized or soft consonants"
9. hard - adjective
· given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors; "a hard drinker"
10. hard - adjective
· being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content; "hard liquor"
11. hard - adjective
· unfortunate or hard to bear; "had hard luck"; "a tough break"
12. hard - adjective
· dried out; "hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
13. hard - adverb
· with effort or force or vigor; "the team played hard"; "worked hard all day"; "pressed hard on the lever"; "hit the ball hard"; "slammed the door hard"
14. hard - adverb
· with firmness; "held hard to the railing"
15. hard - adverb
· earnestly or intently; "thought hard about it"; "stared hard at the accused"
16. hard - adverb
· causing great damage or hardship; "industries hit hard by the depression"; "she was severely affected by the bank's failure"
17. hard - adverb
· slowly and with difficulty; "prejudices die hard"; "he was so dizzy he could hardly stand up straight"
18. hard - adverb
· indulging excessively; "he drank heavily"
19. hard - adverb
· into a solid condition; "concrete that sets hard within a few hours"
20. hard - adverb
· very near or close in space or time; "it stands hard by the railroad tracks"; "they were hard on his heels"; "a strike followed hard upon the plant's opening"
21. hard - adverb
· with pain or distress or bitterness; "he took the rejection very hard"
22. hard - adverb
· to the full extent possible; all the way; "hard alee"; "the ship went hard astern"; "swung the wheel hard left"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.