1. hang - noun
· a special way of doing something; "he had a bent for it"; "he had a special knack for getting into trouble"; "he couldn't get the hang of it"
2. hang - noun
· the way a garment hangs; "he adjusted the hang of his coat"
3. hang - noun
· a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms
4. hang - verb
· be suspended or hanging; "The flag hung on the wall"
5. hang - verb
· cause to be hanging or suspended; "Hang that picture on the wall"
6. hang - verb
· kill by hanging; "The murderer was hanged on Friday"
7. hang - verb
· let drop or droop; "Hang one's head in shame"
8. hang - verb
· fall or flow in a certain way; "This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
9. hang - verb
· be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive; "This worry hangs on my mind"; "The cloud of suspicion hangs over her"
10. hang - verb
· give heed (to); "The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"; "She hung on his every word"; "They attended to everything he said"
11. hang - verb
· be suspended or poised; "Heavy fog hung over the valley"
12. hang - verb
· hold on tightly or tenaciously; "hang on to your father's hands"; "The child clung to his mother's apron"
13. hang - verb
· be exhibited; "Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum"
14. hang - verb
· prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury
15. hang - verb
· decorate or furnish with something suspended; "Hang wallpaper"
16. hang - verb
· be placed in position as by a hinge; "This cabinet door doesn't hang right!"
17. hang - verb
· place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction; "hang a door"
18. hang - verb
· suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste; "hang the venison for a few days"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.