1. halt - noun
· the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
2. halt - noun
· the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"
3. halt - noun
· an interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement; "a halt in the arms race"; "a nuclear freeze"
4. halt - verb
· cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"
5. halt - verb
· come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"
6. halt - verb
· stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"
7. halt - verb
· stop the flow of a liquid; "staunch the blood flow"; "stem the tide"
8. halt - adjective
· disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.