1. hale - noun
· a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British; his last words were supposed to have been `I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country' (1755-1776)
2. hale - noun
· United States astronomer who discovered that sunspots are associated with strong magnetic fields (1868-1938)
3. hale - noun
· prolific United States writer (1822-1909)
4. hale - verb
· to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means; "She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
5. hale - verb
· draw slowly or heavily; "haul stones"; "haul nets"
6. hale - adjective
· exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health; "hale and hearty"; "whole in mind and body"; "a whole person again"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.