1. grip - noun
· the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
2. grip - noun
· the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it; "he grabbed the hammer by the handle"; "it was an old briefcase but it still had a good grip"
3. grip - noun
· a portable rectangular container for carrying clothes; "he carried his small bag onto the plane with him"
4. grip - noun
· the friction between a body and the surface on which it moves (as between an automobile tire and the road)
5. grip - noun
· worker who moves the camera around while a film or television show is being made
6. grip - noun
· an intellectual hold or understanding; "a good grip on French history"; "they kept a firm grip on the two top priorities"; "he was in the grip of a powerful emotion"; "a terrible power had her in its grasp"
7. grip - noun
· a flat wire hairpin whose prongs press tightly together; used to hold bobbed hair in place; "in Britain they call a bobby pin a grip"
8. grip - verb
· hold fast or firmly; "He gripped the steering wheel"
9. grip - verb
· to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match; "the two men grappled with each other for several minutes"
10. grip - verb
· to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe; "The snake charmer fascinates the cobra"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.