1. grapple - noun
· a tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding; often thrown with a rope
2. grapple - noun
· a dredging bucket with hinges like the shell of a clam
3. grapple - noun
· the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat; "they had a fierce wrestle"; "we watched his grappling and wrestling with the bully"
4. grapple - verb
· succeed in doing, achieving, or producing (something) with the limited or inadequate means available; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
5. grapple - verb
· to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match; "the two men grappled with each other for several minutes"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.