1. grain - noun
· a relatively small granular particle of a substance; "a grain of sand"; "a grain of sugar"
2. grain - noun
· foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses
3. grain - noun
· the side of leather from which the hair has been removed
4. grain - noun
· a weight unit used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat
5. grain - noun
· 1/60 dram; equals an avoirdupois grain or 64.799 milligrams
6. grain - noun
· 1/7000 pound; equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
7. grain - noun
· dry seed-like fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn
8. grain - noun
· a cereal grass; "wheat is a grain that is grown in Kansas"
9. grain - noun
· the smallest possible unit of anything; "there was a grain of truth in what he said"; "he does not have a grain of sense"
10. grain - noun
· the direction, texture, or pattern of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric; "saw the board across the grain"
11. grain - noun
· the physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance); "breadfruit has the same texture as bread"; "sand of a fine grain"; "fish with a delicate flavor and texture"; "a stone of coarse grain"
12. grain - verb
· thoroughly work in; "His hands were grained with dirt"
13. grain - verb
· paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
14. grain - verb
· form into grains
15. grain - verb
· become granular
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.