1. gild - verb
· decorate with, or as if with, gold leaf or liquid gold
2. gilded - adjective
· having the deep slightly brownish color of gold; "long aureate (or golden) hair"; "a gold carpet"
3. gilded - adjective
· based on pretense; deceptively pleasing; "the gilded and perfumed but inwardly rotten nobility"; "meretricious praise"; "a meretricious argument"
4. gilded - adjective
· ostentatiously rich and superior in quality; "a princely sum"; "gilded dining rooms"; "these architecture magazines are full of the lush interiors of the rich and famous"
5. gilded - adjective
· made from or covered with gold; "gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol"; "the golden calf"; "gilded icons"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.