1. give - verb
· cause to have, in the abstract sense or physical sense; "She gave him a black eye"; "The draft gave me a cold"
2. give - verb
· be the cause or source of; "He gave me a lot of trouble"; "Our meeting afforded much interesting information"
3. give - verb
· transfer possession of something concrete or abstract to somebody; "I gave her my money"; "can you give me lessons?"; "She gave the children lots of love and tender loving care"
4. give - verb
· convey or reveal information; "Give one's name"
5. give - verb
· convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow; "Don't pay him any mind"; "give the orders"; "Give him my best regards"; "pay attention"
6. give - verb
· organize or be responsible for; "hold a reception"; "have, throw, or make a party"; "give a course"
7. give - verb
· convey or communicate; of a smile, a look, a physical gesture; "Throw a glance"; "She gave me a dirty look"
8. give - verb
· give as a present; make a gift of; "What will you give her for her birthday?"
9. give - verb
· cause to happen or be responsible for; "His two singles gave the team the victory"
10. give - verb
· dedicate; "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
11. give - verb
· give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
12. give - verb
· transmit (knowledge or skills); "give a secret to the Russians"; "leave your name and address here"; "impart a new skill to the students"
13. give - verb
· bring about; "The trompe l'oeil-illusion establishes depth"
14. give - verb
· leave with; give temporarily; "Can I give you my keys while I go in the pool?"; "Can I give you the children for the weekend?"
15. give - verb
· emit or utter; "Give a gulp"; "give a yelp"
16. give - verb
· endure the loss of; "He gave his life for his children"; "I gave two sons to the war"
17. give - verb
· place into the hands or custody of; "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
18. give - verb
· give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one's talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
19. give - verb
· give (as medicine); "I gave him the drug"
20. give - verb
· give or convey physically; "She gave him First Aid"; "I gave him a punch in the nose"
21. give - verb
· bestow; "give homage"; "render thanks"
22. give - verb
· bestow, especially officially; "grant a degree"; "give a divorce"; "This bill grants us new rights"
23. give - verb
· move in order to make room for someone for something; "The park gave way to a supermarket"; "`Move over,' he told the crowd"
24. give - verb
· give food to; "Feed the starving children in India"; "don't give the child this tough meat"
25. give - verb
· contribute to some cause; "I gave at the office"
26. give - verb
· break down, literally or metaphorically; "The wall collapsed"; "The business collapsed"; "The dam broke"; "The roof collapsed"; "The wall gave in"; "The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice"
27. give - verb
· estimate the duration or outcome of something; "He gave the patient three months to live"; "I gave him a very good chance at success"
28. give - verb
· execute and deliver; "Give bond"
29. give - verb
· deliver in exchange or recompense; "I'll give you three books for four CDs"
30. give - verb
· afford access to; "the door opens to the patio"; "The French doors give onto a terrace"
31. give - verb
· present to view; "He gave the sign to start"
32. give - verb
· perform for an audience; "Pollini is giving another concert in New York"
33. give - verb
· be flexible under stress of physical force; "This material doesn't give"
34. give - verb
· propose; "He gave the first of many toasts at the birthday party"
35. give - verb
· accord by verdict; "give a decision for the plaintiff"
36. give - verb
· manifest or show; "This student gives promise of real creativity"; "The office gave evidence of tampering"
37. give - verb
· offer in good faith; "He gave her his word"
38. give - verb
· submit for consideration, judgment, or use; "give one's opinion"; "give an excuse"
39. give - verb
· guide or direct, as by behavior of persuasion; "You gave me to think that you agreed with me"
40. give - verb
· allow to have or take; "I give you two minutes to respond"
41. give - verb
· inflict as a punishment; "She gave the boy a good spanking"; "The judge gave me 10 years"
42. give - verb
· occur; "what gives?"
43. give - verb
· consent to engage in sexual intercourse with a man; "She gave herself to many men"
44. give - verb
· proffer (a body part); "She gave her hand to her little sister"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.