1. gain - noun
· a quantity that is added; "there was an addition to property taxes this year"; "they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks"
2. gain - noun
· the advantageous quality of being beneficial
3. gain - noun
· the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
4. gain - noun
· the amount by which the revenue of a business exceeds its cost of operating
5. gain - verb
· obtain; "derive pleasure from one's garden"
6. gain - verb
· win something through one's efforts; "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"; "Gain an understanding of international finance"; "win someone's confidence and friendship"
7. gain - verb
· derive a benefit from; "She profited from his vast experience"
8. gain - verb
· reach a destination, either real or abstract; "We hit Detroit by noon"; "The water reached the doorstep"; "We barely made it to the finish line"; "I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts"
9. gain - verb
· obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground"; "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"; "win points"
10. gain - verb
· rise in rate or price; "The stock market gained 24 points today"
11. gain - verb
· increase or develop; "the peace movement gained momentum"; "the car gathers speed"
12. gain - verb
· earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He clears $5,000 each month"
13. gain - verb
· increase (one's body weight); "She gained 20 pounds when she stopped exercising"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.