1. foliate - verb
· hammer into thin flat foils; "foliate metal"
2. foliate - verb
· decorate with leaves
3. foliate - verb
· coat or back with metal foil; "foliate glass"
4. foliate - verb
· number the pages of a book or manuscript
5. foliate - verb
· grow leaves; "the tree foliated in Spring"
6. foliate - adjective
· ornamented with foliage or foils; "foliate tracery"; "a foliated capital"
7. foliate - adjective
· (often used as a combining form) having or resembling a leaf or having a specified kind or number of leaves; "`foliate' is combined with the prefix `tri' to form the word `trifoliate'"
8. foliate - adjective
· (especially of metamorphic rock) having thin leaflike layers or strata
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.