1. fix - noun
· informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
2. fix - noun
· something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug; "she needed a fix of chocolate"
3. fix - noun
· the act of putting something in working order again
4. fix - noun
· an exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to bear; "collusion resulted in tax fixes for gamblers"
5. fix - noun
· a determination of the place where something is; "he got a good fix on the target"
6. fix - verb
· restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
7. fix - verb
· cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
8. fix - verb
· decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
9. fix - verb
· prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
10. fix - verb
· take vengeance on or get even; "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
11. fix - verb
· set or place definitely; "Let's fix the date for the party!"
12. fix - verb
· kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study
13. fix - verb
· make fixed, stable or stationary; "let's fix the picture to the frame"
14. fix - verb
· make infertile; "in some countries, people with genetically transmissible disabilites are sterilized"
15. fix - verb
· influence an event or its outcome by illegal means; "fix a race"
16. fix - verb
· put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
17. fix - verb
· make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.