1. fit - noun
· a display of bad temper; "he had a fit"; "she threw a tantrum"; "he made a scene"
2. fit - noun
· a sudden uncontrollable attack; "a paroxysm of giggling"; "a fit of coughing"; "convulsions of laughter"
3. fit - noun
· the manner in which something fits; "I admired the fit of her coat"
4. fit - noun
· a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason); "a burst of applause"; "a fit of housecleaning"
5. fit - verb
· be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
6. fit - verb
· be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired; "This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
7. fit - verb
· make fit; "fit a dress"; "He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out"
8. fit - verb
· insert or adjust several objects or people; "Can you fit the toy into the box?"; "This man can't fit himself into our work environment"
9. fit - verb
· be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
10. fit - verb
· conform to some shape or size; "How does this shirt fit?"
11. fit - verb
· provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose; "The expedition was equipped with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"
12. fit - verb
· fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction; "does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"; "This job doesn't match my dreams"; "meet a need"
13. fit - verb
· make correspond or harmonize; "Match my sweater"
14. fit - adjective
· meeting adequate standards for a purpose; "a fit subject for discussion"; "it is fit and proper that you be there"; "water fit to drink"; "fit for duty"; "do as you see fit to"
15. fit - adjective
· (usually followed by `to' or `for') on the point of or strongly disposed; "in no fit state to continue"; "fit to drop"; "laughing fit to burst"; "she was fit to scream"; "primed for a fight"; "we are set to go at any time"
16. fit - adjective
· physically and mentally sound or healthy; "felt relaxed and fit after their holiday"; "keeps fit with diet and exercise"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.