1. file - noun
· a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
2. file - noun
· a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
3. file - noun
· office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order
4. file - noun
· a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces; used for smoothing wood or metal
5. file - verb
· record in a public office or in a court of law; "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
6. file - verb
· smooth with a file; "file one's fingernails"
7. file - verb
· proceed in line; "The students filed into the classroom"
8. file - verb
· file a formal charge against; "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
9. file - verb
· place in a container for keeping records; "File these bills, please"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.