1. fighting - noun
· the act of fighting; any contest or struggle; "a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
2. fight - verb
· be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight; "the tribesmen fought each other"; "Siblings are always fighting"; "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
3. fight - verb
· fight against or resist strongly; "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don't fight it!"
4. fight - verb
· make a strenuous or labored effort; "She struggled for years to survive without welfare"; "He fought for breath"
5. fight - verb
· exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
6. fighting - adjective
· engaged in or ready for military or naval operations; "on active duty"; "the platoon is combat-ready"; "review the fighting forces"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.