1. ferment - noun
· a state of agitation or turbulent change or development; "the political ferment produced new leadership"; "social unrest"
2. ferment - noun
· a substance capable of bringing about fermentation
3. ferment - noun
· a process in which an agent causes an organic substance to break down into simpler substances; especially, the anaerobic breakdown of sugar into alcohol
4. ferment - verb
· be in an agitated or excited state; "The Middle East is fermenting"; "Her mind ferments"
5. ferment - verb
· work up into agitation or excitement; "This religion is fermenting Africa"
6. ferment - verb
· cause to undergo fermentation; "We ferment the grapes for a very long time to achieve high alcohol content"; "The vintner worked the wine in big oak vats"
7. ferment - verb
· go sour or spoil; "The milk has soured"; "The wine worked"; "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.