1. fear - noun
· an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight)
2. fear - noun
· an anxious feeling; "care had aged him"; "they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
3. fear - noun
· a feeling of profound respect for someone or something; "the fear of God"; "the Chinese reverence for the dead"; "the French treat food with gentle reverence"; "his respect for the law bordered on veneration"
4. fear - verb
· be afraid or feel anxious or apprehensive about a possible or probable situation or event; "I fear she might get aggressive"
5. fear - verb
· be afraid or scared of; be frightened of; "I fear the winters in Moscow"; "We should not fear the Communists!"
6. fear - verb
· be sorry; used to introduce an unpleasant statement; "I fear I won't make it to your wedding party"
7. fear - verb
· be uneasy or apprehensive about; "I fear the results of the final exams"
8. fear - verb
· regard with feelings of respect and reverence; consider hallowed or exalted or be in awe of; "Fear God as your father"; "We venerate genius"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.