1. factor - noun
· anything that contributes causally to a result; "a number of factors determined the outcome"
2. factor - noun
· an abstract part of something; "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"
3. factor - noun
· one of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer; "what are the 4 factors of 6?"
4. factor - noun
· a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission
5. factor - noun
· any of the numbers (or symbols) that form a product when multiplied together
6. factor - noun
· an independent variable in statistics
7. factor - noun
· (genetics) a segment of DNA that is involved in producing a polypeptide chain; it can include regions preceding and following the coding DNA as well as introns between the exons; it is considered a unit of heredity; "genes were formerly called factors"
8. factor - verb
· resolve into factors; "a quantum computer can factor the number 15"
9. factor - verb
· be a contributing factor; "make things factor into a company's profitability"
10. factor - verb
· consider as relevant when making a decision; "You must factor in the recent developments"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.