1. expand - verb
· extend in one or more directions; "The dough expands"
2. expand - verb
· become larger in size or volume or quantity; "his business expanded rapidly"
3. expand - verb
· make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity; "expand the house by adding another wing"
4. expand - verb
· grow vigorously; "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
5. expand - verb
· exaggerate or make bigger; "The charges were inflated"
6. expand - verb
· add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
7. expand - verb
· expand the influence of; "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.