1. exercise - noun
· the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit; "the doctor recommended regular exercise"; "he did some exercising"; "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"
2. exercise - noun
· the act of using; "he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"; "skilled in the utilization of computers"
3. exercise - noun
· systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
4. exercise - noun
· a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding; "you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook"
5. exercise - noun
· (usually plural) a ceremony that involves processions and speeches; "academic exercises"
6. exercise - noun
· an action, often used negatively and without consequences; "an exercise in futility"; "an exercise in cheap talk"
7. exercise - verb
· put to use; "exert one's power or influence"
8. exercise - verb
· carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
9. exercise - verb
· give a workout to; "Some parents exercise their infants"; "My personal trainer works me hard"; "work one's muscles"; "this puzzle will exercise your mind"
10. exercise - verb
· do physical exercise; "She works out in the gym every day"
11. exercise - verb
· learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.