1. excuse - noun
· a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.; "he kept finding excuses to stay"; "every day he had a new alibi for not getting a job"; "his transparent self-justification was unacceptable"
2. excuse - noun
· a note explaining an absence; "he had to get his mother to write an excuse for him"
3. excuse - noun
· a poor example; "it was an apology for a meal"; "a poor excuse for an automobile"
4. excuse - verb
· accept an excuse for; "Please excuse my dirty hands"
5. excuse - verb
· grant exemption or release to; "Please excuse me from this class"
6. excuse - verb
· serve as a reason or cause or justification of; "Your need to sleep late does not excuse your late arrival at work"; "Her recent divorce may explain her reluctance to date again"
7. excuse - verb
· defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning; "rationalize the child's seemingly crazy behavior"; "he rationalized his lack of success"
8. excuse - verb
· ask for permission to be released from an engagement
9. excuse - verb
· excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with; "excuse someone's behavior"; "She condoned her husband's occasional infidelities"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.