1. engage - verb
· carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; "She pursued many activities"; "They engaged in a discussion"
2. engage - verb
· consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
3. engage - verb
· engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
4. engage - verb
· ask to represent; of legal counsel; "I'm retaining a lawyer"
5. engage - verb
· give to in marriage
6. engage - verb
· get caught; "make sure the gear is engaged"
7. engage - verb
· carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns); "Napoleon and Hitler waged war against all of Europe"
8. engage - verb
· hire for work or assistance; "engage aid, help, services, or support"
9. engage - verb
· engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
10. engage - verb
· keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
11. engaged - adjective
· having ones attention or mind or energy engaged; "she keeps herself fully occupied with volunteer activities"; "deeply engaged in conversation"
12. engaged - adjective
· involved in military hostilities; "the desperately engaged ships continued the fight"
13. engaged - adjective
· reserved in advance
14. engaged - adjective
· (of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability; (`engaged' is a British term for a busy telephone line); "her line is busy"; "receptionists' telephones are always engaged"; "the lavatory is in use"; "kept getting a busy signal"
15. engaged - adjective
· (used of toothed parts or gears) interlocked and interacting; "the gears are engaged"; "meshed gears"; "intermeshed twin rotors"
16. engaged - adjective
· having services contracted for; "the carpenter engaged (or employed) for the job is sick"
17. engaged - adjective
· built against or attached to a wall; "engaged columns"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.