1. energy - noun
· (physics) a thermodynamic quantity equivalent to the capacity of a physical system to do work; the units of energy are joules or ergs; "energy can take a wide variety of forms"
2. energy - noun
· forceful exertion; "he plays tennis with great energy"; "he's full of zip"
3. energy - noun
· enterprising or ambitious drive; "Europeans often laugh at American energy"
4. energy - noun
· an imaginative lively style (especially style of writing); "his writing conveys great energy"; "a remarkable muscularity of style"
5. energy - noun
· a healthy capacity for vigorous activity; "jogging works off my excess energy"; "he seemed full of vim and vigor"
6. energy - noun
· any source of usable power; "the DOE is responsible for maintaining the energy policy"
7. energy - noun
· the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.