1. earth - noun
· the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on; "the Earth moves around the sun"; "he sailed around the world"
2. earth - noun
· the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface; "they dug into the earth outside the church"
3. earth - noun
· the solid part of the earth's surface; "the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land"; "the earth shook for several minutes"; "he dropped the logs on the ground"
4. earth - noun
· the abode of mortals (as contrasted with Heaven or Hell); "it was hell on earth"
5. earth - noun
· once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
6. earth - noun
· the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife; "they consider the church to be independent of the world"
7. earth - noun
· a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
8. earth - verb
· hide in the earth like a hunted animal
9. earth - verb
· connect to the earth; "earth the circuit"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.