1. dull - verb
· make dull in appearance; "Age had dulled the surface"
2. dull - verb
· become dull or lusterless in appearance; lose shine or brightness; "the varnished table top dulled with time"
3. dull - verb
· deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
4. dull - verb
· make numb or insensitive; "The shock numbed her senses"
5. dull - verb
· make dull or blunt; "Too much cutting dulls the knife's edge"
6. dull - verb
· become less interesting or attractive
7. dull - verb
· make less lively or vigorous; "Middle age dulled her appetite for travel"
8. dull - adjective
· lacking in liveliness or animation; "he was so dull at parties"; "a dull political campaign"; "a large dull impassive man"; "dull days with nothing to do"; "how dull and dreary the world is"; "fell back into one of her dull moods"
9. dull - adjective
· emitting or reflecting very little light; "a dull glow"; "dull silver badly in need of a polish"; "a dull sky"
10. dull - adjective
· being or made softer or less loud or clear; "the dull boom of distant breaking waves"; "muffled drums"; "the muffled noises of the street"; "muted trumpets"
11. dull - adjective
· so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness; "a boring evening with uninteresting people"; "the deadening effect of some routine tasks"; "a dull play"; "his competent but dull performance"; "a ho-hum speaker who couldn't capture their attention"; "what an irksome task the writing of long letters is"- Edmund Burke; "tedious days on the train"; "the tiresome chirping of a cricket"- Mark Twain; "other people's dreams are dreadfully wearisome"
12. dull - adjective
· (of color) very low in saturation; highly diluted; "dull greens and blues"
13. dull - adjective
· not keenly felt; "a dull throbbing"; "dull pain"
14. dull - adjective
· slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"
15. dull - adjective
· (of business) not active or brisk; "business is dull (or slow)"; "a sluggish market"
16. dull - adjective
· not having a sharp edge or point; "the knife was too dull to be of any use"
17. dull - adjective
· blunted in responsiveness or sensibility; "a dull gaze"; "so exhausted she was dull to what went on about her"- Willa Cather
18. dull - adjective
· not clear and resonant; sounding as if striking with or against something relatively soft; "the dull thud"; "thudding bullets"
19. dull - adjective
· darkened with overcast; "a dark day"; "a dull sky"; "the sky was leaden and thick"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.