1. down - noun
· soft fine feathers
2. down - noun
· (American football) a complete play to advance the football; "you have four downs to gain ten yards"
3. down - noun
· English physician who first described Down's syndrome (1828-1896)
4. down - noun
· (usually plural) a rolling treeless highland with little soil
5. down - noun
· fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs)
6. down - verb
· drink down entirely; "He downed three martinis before dinner"; "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"; "They popped a few beer after work"
7. down - verb
· eat up completely, as with great appetite; "Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal"; "The teenagers demolished four pizzas among them"
8. down - verb
· bring down or defeat (an opponent)
9. down - verb
· shoot at and force to come down; "the enemy landed several of our aircraft"
10. down - verb
· cause to come or go down; "The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"; "The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet"
11. down - verb
· improve or perfect by pruning or polishing; "refine one's style of writing"
12. down - adjective
· being or moving lower in position or less in some value; "lay face down"; "the moon is down"; "our team is down by a run"; "down by a pawn"; "the stock market is down today"
13. down - adjective
· extending or moving from a higher to a lower place; "the down staircase"; "the downward course of the stream"
14. down - adjective
· becoming progressively lower; "the down trend in the real estate market"
15. down - adjective
· being put out by a strikeout; "two down in the bottom of the ninth"
16. down - adjective
· understood perfectly; "had his algebra problems down"
17. down - adjective
· lower than previously; "the market is depressed"; "prices are down"
18. down - adjective
· shut; "the shades were down"
19. down - adjective
· not functioning (temporarily or permanently); "we can't work because the computer is down"
20. down - adjective
· filled with melancholy and despondency; "gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"; "gloomy predictions"; "a gloomy silence"; "took a grim view of the economy"; "the darkening mood"; "lonely and blue in a strange city"; "depressed by the loss of his job"; "a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"; "downcast after his defeat"; "feeling discouraged and downhearted"
21. down - adverb
· spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position; "don't fall down"; "rode the lift up and skied down"; "prices plunged downward"
22. down - adverb
· away from a more central or a more northerly place; "was sent down to work at the regional office"; "worked down on the farm"; "came down for the wedding"; "flew down to Florida"
23. down - adverb
· paid in cash at time of purchase; "put ten dollars down on the necklace"
24. down - adverb
· from an earlier time; "the story was passed down from father to son"
25. down - adverb
· to a lower intensity; "he slowly phased down the light until the stage was completely black"
26. down - adverb
· in an inactive or inoperative state; "the factory went down during the strike"; "the computer went down again"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.