1. doubler - noun
· an electronic device that doubles the voltage or the frequency of an input signal
2. double - adjective
· having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
3. double - adjective
· consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double (binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"
4. double - adjective
· twice as great or many; "ate a double portion"; "the dose is doubled"; "a twofold increase"
5. double - adjective
· used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements; "double chrysanthemums have many rows of petals and are usually spherical or hemispherical"
6. double - adjective
· used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
7. double - adjective
· large enough for two; "a double bed"; "a double room"
8. double - adjective
· having two meanings with intent to deceive; "a sly double meaning"; "spoke with forked tongue"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.