1. double - noun
· a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base; "he hit a double to deep centerfield"
2. double - noun
· a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts; "his first job in Hollywood was as a double for Clark Gable"
3. double - noun
· someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); "he could be Gingrich's double"; "she's the very image of her mother"
4. double - noun
· a quantity that is twice as great as another; "36 is the double of 18"
5. double - noun
· raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2; "I decided his double was a bluff"
6. double - verb
· increase twofold; "The population doubled within 50 years"
7. double - verb
· hit a two-base hit
8. double - verb
· bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain; "He doubled and vomited violently"
9. double - verb
· do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions; "She doubles as his wife and secretary"
10. double - verb
· bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit)
11. double - verb
· make or do or perform again; "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick"
12. double - adjective
· having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
13. double - adjective
· consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double (binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"
14. double - adjective
· twice as great or many; "ate a double portion"; "the dose is doubled"; "a twofold increase"
15. double - adjective
· used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements; "double chrysanthemums have many rows of petals and are usually spherical or hemispherical"
16. double - adjective
· used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
17. double - adjective
· large enough for two; "a double bed"; "a double room"
18. double - adjective
· having two meanings with intent to deceive; "a sly double meaning"; "spoke with forked tongue"
19. double - adverb
· downward and forward; "he was bent double with pain"
20. double - adverb
· two together; "some people sleep better double"
21. double - adverb
· to double the degree; "she was doubly rewarded"; "his eyes were double bright"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.