1. desolate - verb
· leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch; "The mother deserted her children"
2. desolate - verb
· reduce in population; "The epidemic depopulated the countryside"
3. desolate - verb
· cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
4. desolate - adjective
· providing no shelter or sustenance; "bare rocky hills"; "barren lands"; "the bleak treeless regions of the high Andes"; "the desolate surface of the moon"; "a stark landscape"
5. desolate - adjective
· crushed by grief; "depressed and desolate of soul"; "a low desolate wail"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.