1. derive - verb
· reason by deduction; establish by deduction
2. derive - verb
· obtain; "derive pleasure from one's garden"
3. derive - verb
· come from; "The present name derives from an older form"
4. derive - verb
· develop or evolve from a latent or potential state
5. derive - verb
· come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example; "She was descended from an old Italian noble family"; "he comes from humble origins"
6. derived - adjective
· formed or developed from something else; not original; "the belief that classes and organizations are secondary and derived"- John Dewey
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.