1. dependent - noun
· a person who relies on another person for support (especially financial support)
2. dependent - adjective
· relying on or requiring a person or thing for support, supply, or what is needed; "dependent children"; "dependent on moisture"
3. dependent - adjective
· contingent on something else
4. dependent - adjective
· (of a clause) unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence; "a subordinate (or dependent) clause functions as a noun or adjective or adverb within a sentence"
5. dependent - adjective
· held from above and hanging down; "a pendant bunch of grapes"
6. dependent - adjective
· being under the power or sovereignty of another or others; "subject peoples"; "a dependent prince"
7. dependent - adjective
· addicted to a drug
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.