1. deluge - noun
· an overwhelming number or amount; "a flood of requests"; "a torrent of abuse"
Hypernym(s): batch, deal, flock, good_deal, great_deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite_a_little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy_sum, wad
2. deluge - noun
· a heavy rain
3. deluge - noun
· the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land; "plains fertilized by annual inundations"
4. deluge - verb
· fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid; "the basement was inundated after the storm"; "The images flooded his mind"
5. deluge - verb
· charge someone with too many tasks
6. deluge - verb
· fill or cover completely, usually with water
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.