1. delay - noun
· time during which some action is awaited; "instant replay caused too long a delay"; "he ordered a hold in the action"
2. delay - noun
· the act of delaying; inactivity resulting in something being put off until a later time
3. delay - verb
· cause to be slowed down or delayed; "Traffic was delayed by the bad weather"; "she delayed the work that she didn't want to perform"
4. delay - verb
· act later than planned, scheduled, or required; "Don't delay your application to graduate school or else it won't be considered"
5. delay - verb
· stop or halt; "Please stay the bloodshed!"
6. delay - verb
· slow the growth or development of; "The brain damage will retard the child's language development"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.