1. defence - noun
· (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
2. defence - noun
· (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring; "his teams are always good on defense"
3. defence - noun
· the defendant and his legal advisors collectively; "the defense called for a mistrial"
4. defence - noun
· an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack; "he joined the defense against invasion"
5. defence - noun
· the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions; "his refutation of the charges was short and persuasive"; "in defense he said the other man started it"
6. defence - noun
· the justification for some act or belief; "he offered a persuasive defense of the theory"
7. defence - noun
· a structure used to defend against attack; "the artillery battered down the defenses"
8. defence - noun
· a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
9. defence - noun
· (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies; "they died in the defense of Stalingrad"; "they were developed for the defense program"
10. defence - noun
· protection from harm; "sanitation is the best defense against disease"
11. defence - noun
· the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury; "a good boxer needs a good defense"; "defense against hurricanes is an urgent problem"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.