1. death - noun
· the event of dying or departure from life; "her death came as a terrible shock"; "upon your decease the capital will pass to your grandchildren"
2. death - noun
· the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism; "the animal died a painful death"
3. death - noun
· the absence of life or state of being dead; "he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
4. death - noun
· the time when something ends; "it was the death of all his plans"; "a dying of old hopes"
5. death - noun
· the time at which life ends; continuing until dead; "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
6. death - noun
· the personification of death; "Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city"
7. death - noun
· a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
8. death - noun
· the act of killing; "he had two deaths on his conscience"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.