1. day - noun
· time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis; "two days later they left"; "they put on two performances every day"; "there are 30,000 passengers per day"
2. day - noun
· some point or period in time; "it should arrive any day now"; "after that day she never trusted him again"; "those were the days"; "these days it is not unusual"
3. day - noun
· a day assigned to a particular purpose or observance; "Mother's Day"
4. day - noun
· the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside; "the dawn turned night into day"; "it is easier to make the repairs in the daytime"
5. day - noun
· the recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working); "my day began early this morning"; "it was a busy day on the stock exchange"; "she called it a day and went to bed"
6. day - noun
· an era of existence or influence; "in the day of the dinosaurs"; "in the days of the Roman Empire"; "in the days of sailing ships"; "he was a successful pianist in his day"
7. day - noun
· the period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. Mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis; "how long is a day on Jupiter?"
8. day - noun
· the time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day
9. day - noun
· a period of opportunity; "he deserves his day in court"; "every dog has his day"
10. day - noun
· United States writer best known for his autobiographical works (1874-1935)
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.