1. dampening - noun
· the act of making something slightly wet
2. dampen - verb
· suppress or constrain so as to lessen in intensity; "Stifle your curiosity"
3. dampen - verb
· make moist; "The dew moistened the meadows"
4. dampen - verb
· deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
5. dampen - verb
· reduce the amplitude (of oscillations or waves)
6. dampen - verb
· make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
7. dampen - verb
· check; keep in check (a fire)
8. dampen - verb
· lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.