1. compound - noun
· a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
2. compound - noun
· (chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight
3. compound - noun
· an enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient)
4. compound - verb
· make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified"; "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
5. compound - verb
· put or add together; "combine resources"
6. compound - verb
· calculate principal and interest
7. compound - verb
· create by mixing or combining
8. compound - verb
· combine so as to form a whole; mix; "compound the ingredients"
9. compound - adjective
· composed of more than one part; "compound leaves are composed of several lobes"; "compound flower heads"
10. compound - adjective
· consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts; "soap is a compound substance"; "housetop is a compound word"; "a blackberry is a compound fruit"
11. compound - adjective
· composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony; "coral is a colonial organism"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.