1. compensate - verb
· adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
2. compensate - verb
· make amends for; pay compensation for; "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
3. compensate - verb
· make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father"
4. compensate - verb
· make reparations or amends for; "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
5. compensate - verb
· do or give something to somebody in return; "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
6. compensate - verb
· make payment to; compensate; "My efforts were not remunerated"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.