1. closing - noun
· the act of closing something
2. closing - noun
· the last section of a communication; "in conclusion I want to say..."
3. closing - noun
· approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap; "the ship's rapid rate of closing gave them little time to avoid a collision"
4. closing - noun
· termination of operations; "they regretted the closure of the day care center"
5. closing - noun
· a concluding action
6. close - verb
· move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window"
7. close - verb
· become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang"
8. close - verb
· cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop"
9. close - verb
· finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
10. close - verb
· come to a close; "The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
11. close - verb
· complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
12. close - verb
· be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
13. close - verb
· engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
14. close - verb
· cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
15. close - verb
· change one's body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
16. close - verb
· come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative"
17. close - verb
· draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
18. close - verb
· bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
19. close - verb
· bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
20. close - verb
· fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?"
21. close - verb
· unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of; "close the circuit"; "close a wound"; "close a book"; "close up an umbrella"
22. close - verb
· finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
23. closing - adjective
· final or ending; "the closing stages of the election"; "the closing weeks of the year"; "the closing scene of the film"; "closing remarks"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.