1. claim - verb
· assert or affirm strongly; state to be true or existing; "He claimed that he killed the burglar"
2. claim - verb
· demand as being one's due or property; assert one's right or title to; "He claimed his suitcases at the airline counter"; "Mr. Smith claims special tax exemptions because he is a foreign resident"
3. claim - verb
· ask for legally or make a legal claim to, as of debts, for example; "They claimed on the maximum allowable amount"
4. claim - verb
· lay claim to; as of an idea; "She took credit for the whole idea"
5. claim - verb
· take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs; "the accident claimed three lives"; "The hard work took its toll on her"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.