1. check - verb
· examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition; "check the brakes"; "Check out the engine"
2. check - verb
· make an examination or investigation; "check into the rumor"; "check the time of the class"
3. check - verb
· be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
4. check - verb
· lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
5. check - verb
· stop for a moment, as if out of uncertainty or caution; "She checked for an instant and missed a step"
6. check - verb
· put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units"
7. check - verb
· slow the growth or development of; "The brain damage will retard the child's language development"
8. check - verb
· be verified or confirmed; pass inspection; "These stories don't check!"
9. check - verb
· be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
10. check - verb
· block or impede (a player from the opposing team) in ice hockey
11. check - verb
· develop (a child's or animal's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control; "Parents must discipline their children"; "Is this dog trained?"
12. check - verb
· consign for shipment on a vehicle; "check your luggage before boarding"
13. check - verb
· hand over something to somebody as for temporary safekeeping; "Check your coat at the door"
14. check - verb
· abandon the intended prey, turn, and pursue an inferior prey
15. check - verb
· stop in a chase especially when scent is lost; "The dog checked"
16. check - verb
· mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on
17. check - verb
· decline to initiate betting
18. check - verb
· hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
19. check - verb
· place into check; "He checked my kings"
20. check - verb
· write out a check on a bank account
21. check - verb
· find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
22. check - verb
· verify by consulting a source or authority; "check the spelling of this word"; "check your facts"
23. check - verb
· arrest the motion (of something) abruptly; "He checked the flow of water by shutting off the main valve"
24. check - verb
· make cracks or chinks in; "The heat checked the paint"
25. check - verb
· become fractured; break or crack on the surface only; "The glass cracked when it was heated"
26. checked - adjective
· patterned with alternating squares of color
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.