1. character - noun
· an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story); "she is the main character in the novel"
2. character - noun
· a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something; "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical character of our demands"
3. character - noun
· the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer
4. character - noun
· an actor's portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona"
5. character - noun
· a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"
6. character - noun
· good repute; "he is a man of character"
7. character - noun
· a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability; "requests for character references are all too often answered evasively"
8. character - noun
· a written symbol that is used to represent speech; "the Greek alphabet has 24 characters"
9. character - noun
· (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
10. character - verb
· engrave or inscribe characters on
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.