1. chains - noun
· metal shackles; for hands or legs
2. chain - noun
· a series of things depending on each other as if linked together; "the chain of command"; "a complicated concatenation of circumstances"
3. chain - noun
· (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
4. chain - noun
· a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament
5. chain - noun
· (business) a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership
6. chain - noun
· anything that acts as a restraint
7. chain - noun
· a unit of length
8. chain - noun
· British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
9. chain - noun
· a series of hills or mountains; "the valley was between two ranges of hills"; "the plains lay just beyond the mountain range"
10. chain - noun
· a linked or connected series of objects; "a chain of daisies"
11. chain - noun
· a necklace made by stringing objects together; "a string of beads"; "a strand of pearls"
12. chain - verb
· connect or arrange into a chain by linking
13. chain - verb
· fasten or secure with chains; "Chain the chairs together"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.