1. case - noun
· an occurrence of something; "it was a case of bad judgment"; "another instance occurred yesterday"; "but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
2. case - noun
· a special set of circumstances; "in that event, the first possibility is excluded"; "it may rain in which case the picnic will be canceled"
3. case - noun
· a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy; "the family brought suit against the landlord"
4. case - noun
· the actual state of things; "that was not the case"
5. case - noun
· a portable container for carrying several objects; "the musicians left their instrument cases backstage"
6. case - noun
· a person requiring professional services; "a typical case was the suburban housewife described by a marriage counselor"
7. case - noun
· a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation; "the subjects for this investigation were selected randomly"; "the cases that we studied were drawn from two different communities"
8. case - noun
· a problem requiring investigation; "Perry Mason solved the case of the missing heir"
9. case - noun
· a statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument; "he stated his case clearly"
10. case - noun
· the quantity contained in a case
11. case - noun
· nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection) related in some way to other words in a sentence
12. case - noun
· a specific state of mind that is temporary; "a case of the jitters"
13. case - noun
· a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"
14. case - noun
· a specific size and style of type within a type family
15. case - noun
· an enveloping structure or covering enclosing an animal or plant organ or part
16. case - noun
· the housing or outer covering of something; "the clock has a walnut case"
17. case - noun
· the enclosing frame around a door or window opening; "the casings had rotted away and had to be replaced"
18. case - noun
· (printing) the receptacle in which a compositor has his type, which is divided into compartments for the different letters, spaces, or numbers; "for English, a compositor will ordinarily have two such cases, the upper case containing the capitals and the lower case containing the small letters"
19. case - noun
· bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow; "the burglar carried his loot in a pillowcase"
20. case - noun
· a glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home
21. case - verb
· look over, usually with the intention to rob; "They men cased the housed"
22. case - verb
· enclose in, or as if in, a case; "my feet were encased in mud"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.