1. capital - noun
· assets available for use in the production of further assets
2. capital - noun
· wealth in the form of money or property owned by a person or business and human resources of economic value
3. capital - noun
· a seat of government
4. capital - noun
· one of the large alphabetic characters used as the first letter in writing or printing proper names and sometimes for emphasis; "printers once kept the type for capitals and for small letters in separate cases; capitals were kept in the upper half of the type case and so became known as upper-case letters"
5. capital - noun
· a center that is associated more than any other with some activity or product; "the crime capital of Italy"; "the drug capital of Columbia"
6. capital - noun
· the federal government of the United States
7. capital - noun
· a book written by Karl Marx (1867) describing his economic theories
8. capital - noun
· the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
9. capital - adjective
· first-rate; "a capital fellow"; "a capital idea"
10. capital - adjective
· of primary importance; "our capital concern was to avoid defeat"
11. capital - adjective
· uppercase; "capital A"; "great A"; "many medieval manuscripts are in majuscule script"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.