1. burst - noun
· the act of exploding or bursting; "the explosion of the firecrackers awoke the children"; "the burst of an atom bomb creates enormous radiation aloft"
2. burst - noun
· rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms; "our fusillade from the left flank caught them by surprise"
3. burst - noun
· a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason); "a burst of applause"; "a fit of housecleaning"
4. burst - noun
· a sudden intense happening; "an outburst of heavy rain"; "a burst of lightning"
5. burst - verb
· come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure; "The bubble burst"
6. burst - verb
· force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger"
7. burst - verb
· burst outward, usually with noise; "The champagne bottle exploded"
8. burst - verb
· move suddenly, energetically, or violently; "He burst out of the house into the cool night"
9. burst - verb
· be in a state of movement or action; "The room abounded with screaming children"; "The garden bristled with toddlers"
10. burst - verb
· emerge suddenly; "The sun burst into view"
11. burst - verb
· cause to burst; "The ice broke the pipe"
12. burst - verb
· break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.