1. build - verb
· make by combining materials and parts; "this little pig made his house out of straw"; "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
2. build - verb
· form or accumulate steadily; "Resistance to the manager's plan built up quickly"; "Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border"
3. build - verb
· build or establish something abstract; "build a reputation"
4. build - verb
· improve the cleansing action of; "build detergents"
5. build - verb
· order, supervise, or finance the construction of; "The government is building new schools in this state"
6. build - verb
· give form to, according to a plan; "build a modern nation"; "build a million-dollar business"
7. build - verb
· be engaged in building; "These architects build in interesting and new styles"
8. build - verb
· found or ground; "build a defense on nothing but the accused person's reputation"
9. build - verb
· bolster or strengthen; "We worked up courage"; "build up confidence"; "ramp up security in the airports"
10. build - verb
· develop and grow; "Suspense was building right from the beginning of the opera"
11. built - adjective
· (used of soaps or cleaning agents) having a substance (an abrasive or filler) added to increase effectiveness; "the built liquid detergents"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.