1. buffer - noun
· (chemistry) an ionic compound that resists changes in its pH
2. buffer - noun
· a neutral zone between two rival powers that is created in order to diminish the danger of conflict
3. buffer - noun
· an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
4. buffer - noun
· (computer science) a part of RAM used for temporary storage of data that is waiting to be sent to a device; used to compensate for differences in the rate of flow of data between components of a computer system
5. buffer - noun
· a power tool used to buff surfaces
6. buffer - noun
· a cushion-like device that reduces shock due to an impact
7. buffer - noun
· an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
8. buffer - verb
· add a buffer (a solution); "buffered saline solution for the eyes"
9. buffer - verb
· protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
10. buff - adjective
· of the yellowish-beige color of buff leather
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.